Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2)
Completing Kanban Systems Improvement will see students awarded the Kanban Management Professional accreditation by Kanban University.
Kanban Systems Improvement takes what you learned in KSD and introduces you to successful strategies of scaling the benefits across teams of teams and the organisation as a whole, building adaptive capability responsive to changing customer demand and the internal and external business environment.
Who is this for?
This course is useful for those already using Kanban at a team level, have prior experience with Kanban, are currently on the KMP learning track. You have mastered the basics and want to take your implantation to the next level for your organisation.
- Product Managers, Senior Managers, Team Leads, Heads of…
- Project and Programme Managers,
- Architects, Designers, Business Analysts, Developers, Testers,
- Scrum Product Owners and Scrum Masters,
- Agile Coaches, Consultants and Change Agents
- Software teams who follow Scrum, DSDM, Prince2 Agile, XP
- All roles in IT Operations, especially in your current ITIL framework
- Other roles such as HR, Finance, Facilities Management, Legal, Marketing and Operations
Kanban Systems Improvement (KMP2)
June 26th-29th 2023
Northern + Western Europe, US + Canada
- Assessing likelihood for resistance to change
- Behavioural science of change
- Describe and contrast evolutionary/invitational to managed/inflicted change approaches
- Marrying incumbent management frameworks with Kanban to get the best out of both
- See the Kanban method applied across the enterprise over multiples levels, in multiple dimensions from inception to delivery
- From Strategy to Portfolio/Programmes to Single Team & Service
- The 3 scaling principles and 3 scaling dimensions
- Upstream Kanban, Commitment Points and Downstream Kanban
- Learn how feedback loops and implementing cadences are key to managing improvement
- Evolve your current meeting schedule into useful reviews and informed decision point
- Participate in the design of appropriate feedback loops and see how they can mature and optimise
- Use Kanban to influence both demand and capability
- Effective data capture and analysis to understand service delivery characteristics, its work types and classes of service
- Better identify dependencies across services and understand delays, impacts and how to remediate
- Understand common cause and special cause variation and apply appropriate improvement strategies
- Managing bottlenecks and utilising the five focusing steps from the Theory of Constraints
- Attendees must have completed Kanban System Design (KMP1)
- You must have read “Kanban” by David J Anderson or “Kanban from the Inside” by Mike Burrows
What else is included?
- Free eBook “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business” by David Anderson
- US$10 off of the eBook “Kanban From The Inside” by Mike Burrows
- Membership to the Sooner Safer Happier Slack channel giving access to our alumni community
- Kanban University certificate of attendance.
- Eligibility to become a member of Kanban University.
- On completion of KMP1 & KMP2 attendees will be awarded the Kanban Management Professional designation and digital badge.
Meet your trainer(s)
Matt TurnerMatt has over 20 years leading IT and business services, coaching and training teams in lean and agile practices, across various industries and sectors. Matt is fascinated by enterprise flow, the psychology of change, and behavioural economics. Accredited BVSSH and Kanban University Trainer. Contributing author of Agile an Unexpected Journey.
“Most organizations would say they have a solid strategy, and some are pursuing new ways of working to achieve that strategy; however, often not in an optimal way. BVSSH is the unlock for organizations, and this book gives the practical guidance to WIN.”
“This book provides an indispensable guide for leaders who wish to run truly agile organizations.”
“It is a real pleasure to read a book that doesn’t assume ‘Agile is the solution, now what is your problem?’ This is a realistic approach to adopting (or not adopting) agile in your organization. The theory is sound; the practice is extensive. I strongly recommend this book.”
“How many times do we hear the word Agile being misused in today’s corporate world? Jonathan’s excellent book provides us all with a very practical guide on how to embrace agility in an ever increasingly digital, chaotic, and challenging world where the path to delivering outcomes is uncertain.”
“Sooner Safer Happier is a must-read for leaders who have recognised the need to connect the cultural and the technological aspects of digital transformation. Jon Smart has established a critical set of patterns and antipatterns that are indispensable for an outcome-based shift from projects and waterfalls to products and innovation.”
Start your journey
Book your course now or join our community to learn from experts in the field.